In addition to the specification documents that define the programming language, the whole HVML project involves many complex software such as the interpreter, the debugger, the renderer, and so on. Vincent Wei and his team has released an open source HVML interpreter called
PurC and an HVML renderer
xGUI Pro based on WebKit. Although we have basically achieved the initial goal, there is still a lot of work to do. It will be a long-term project, and the goal could not be achieved with only a few people or companies. The initiators and the designer of HVML, Vincent Wei, decided to unite others to jointly develop HVML in an open source collaboration.
HVML Community Activities
Activity notice: Temporarily absent
Past time activities
On April 2, 2023, the fourth session of the HVML Community Online Technology Workshop was held. The video replay is as follows:
On January 2, 2023, the community held a technical seminar on "How to participate in HVML development". The video playback is as follows:
On December 9, 2022, the community held a technical seminar on "How to participate in the HVML open source project". The video playback is as follows:
- How to participate in HVML open source project (Part 1)
- How to participate in HVML open source project (Part 2)
On November 2, 2022, the community held an online HVML open class with the theme "Application Framework and cross-end running". A replay of the video is below:
- HVML Open Class: Application Framework and Cross-end Running (Part 1)
- HVML Open Class: Application Framework and Cross-end Running (Part 2)
HVML® PROJECT MEMBERS
These organizations make up the Administrative Leadership structure for the HVML Project. They contribute time, money, and effort in order to consistently make the HVML Project technically progressive and financially stable.
If you rely on the HVML Project or are interested in affecting project direction, consider becoming a member.
Developers and Contributors
- Vincent Wei: The architect; one of the maintainers of PurC and xGUI Pro.
- XUE Shuming: One of maintainers of PurC and PurC Fetcher.
- LIU Xin: The developer and maintainer of extenal DVObj
- XU Xiaohong: He was involved in the development of PurC prior to v0.8.0.
- GENG Yue: He was involved in the development of PurC prior to v0.2.0.
PurC 0.9.x Contributors
- @chf007: Enhancements to build systems on the macOS platform.
- @taotieren: Update the AUR package description information of version 0.9.0.
PurC 0.8.x Contributors
- @taotieren, @Zeno-sole, @yetist: Submit pull request (PR) for the build scripts of PurC, PurC Fetcher, DOM Ruler, xGUI Pro and other software packages for different Linux distributions.
- @jtcheng: Add support for LoongArch.
- @YangGangByosoft: Fix sample program errors.
- @deleonroselle21, @mofelee: Fix spelling and other errors in the document.
HVML Visual Contributors
- Gavin Guo: The visual designer of HVML logo.
- DAI Zhenan (戴哲楠): The visual designer of HVML logo.
- TIAN Siyuan (田思源): The original designer of HVML logo.